The primary goal of the VDMBee Value Management Platform is to provide decision makers, their team and business consultants a clear and innovative dashboard for decision-making about future direction where Value Delivery is the main driver. Sometime back, a friend of me pointed at the work that happened around the theme of Integrated Reporting and the work of Mary Adams in this space. Our knowledge exchange strengthened the perception that and Value Delivery Management have a lot to offer to each other. Recently Mary Adams posted an interesting article about Value Delivery Modelling and Integrated Reporting.
This article is about the software support the VDMbee Value Management Platform can offer to support structured analysis as described in the Value Creation Worksheet tool of Mary Adams.
Integrated Reporting objectives
Creating value looks at the central relationship between Integrated Reporting and its cyclical power, as visualized in the Value Creation process diagram below, and relationship with integrated thinking. We see reporting and thinking as two sides of the same coin – both necessary to enhance connectivity in the organization and enhanced communication on value creation.
In combination, the benefits are rich and compelling:
- A shared understanding of strategy and how value is created throughout the organization with fewer silos
- More cohesive management information and informed decision making, enhancing accountability and performance
- Boards can actively use a multiple capitals approach to make strategic decisions about resource allocation and value creation over time, communicating the trade-offs between the capitals and the outcomes for business and society. This approach gives greater meaning to decisions, building trust inside the business and with stakeholders
- A greatly enhanced quality of dialogue between organizations and their providers of financial capital, helping to achieve greater accountability, a longer-term focus and more efficient capital flows to drive investment and productivity
- World-class corporate reporting focused on material disclosures that assist decision-making, applying the principles of the International Framework
Integrated Reporting objectives
VDMbee Value Management Platform supporting the Value Creation process
As you can see in the Value Creation process as depicted above, Business Model(s) are important to understand in great detail. Especial how the Business Model(s) deliver(s) and influence(s) the 6-Capitals of over time.
VDMbee addresses the need of decision makers for fact-based and data-driven business model plans, in order to steer the business in a continuously changing environment. The primary goal of the VDMBee Value Management Platform is to provide decision makers, their team and business consultants a clear and innovative dashboard for decision-making about future direction.
Recently VDMbee has added the Integrated Reporting Canvas of Mary Adams. With this extension VDMbee offers digital support for the “discover, prototype and adopt” process of Value Creation.
VDML™-based Solution of VDMbee Delivers Real-time Strategy
As industries are evolving and innovations are right around the corner, well-defined business models are needed in order to stay ahead of the competition. The Value Management Platform provides direct insight into core business networks and relationships, whilst exploring alternatives and new value propositions.
VDMbee Platform: Turn Value Delivery Insight into Strategy
VDMbee provides a view to look ahead with dashboards that give insight in value delivery through the business network. The VDMbee Value Management Platform can simulate the combination of ideas, business/organization designs, risk scenarios, facts and data. VDMbee provides businesses a clear and shared understanding of how business models deliver value, to whom, and what the limitations are in the delivery process and structure. In a changing world, strategy needs to be agile too. With VDMbee, alternatives can be created and the impact on value contribution can be measured in real-time. This way, decisions can be based on facts and data.
The Integrated Reporting Canvas as designed by Mary Adams gives great insight in the Value contribution to the distinctive Capitals. It provides an easy to use dashboard to steer the innovation and transformation process from a Integrated Reporting point of view.